Senior Loan Servicing Specialist
Company: Provision People
Location: El Monte
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Our award winning client is currently hiring for a Senior Loan
Servicing Specialist. The Loan Servicing Specialist Senior is
responsible for the more complex activities within Loan Servicing
with all related research and compliance with applicable laws and
regulations. The position has responsibilities to provide coverage
for most Loan Servicing activities to cover for peak volume and
staff coverage. The position may include responsibilities for the
troubled debt transaction processing including restructuring,
charge-off, non-accrual and shadow accounting. Responsibilities
include research and monitoring in any of the activities relating
to Loan Servicing.
- Provide coverage for all Loan Servicing positions to cover for
peak volume and staff coverage.
- Process all activities related to Loan Sales and Purchases,
this includes being liaison with Treasury and Loan Operations and
settling the transaction
- Process charge-off entries and its related entries to ensure
proper shadow accounting in the bank's G/L and loan
- Monitor on-going Loan ticklers and process necessary
transactions and maintenance to ensure data integrity and proper
accounting for the loan terms and conditions.
- Monitor ongoing exception reporting related to Fees, Billing,
loan structure, Credit Bureau reporting, etc.
- Research complex transactions related to activity impacted by
highly regulated processes, such as; SBA, Credit Bureau reporting,
Accounting principles, etc. .
- Research complex transactions in response to examiners
- Respond to all customer inquiries with dispute to Credit
Bureau, and other elements related to the loans.
- Reconstruct loans with customer and/or banking officer
- Provide guidance to junior loan servicing specialists to
process loan adjustments or may process upon research results.
- Design training requirements for new Loan Servicing Specialist
at all levels
- Provide guidance and training to other Loan Servicing
- Provide guidance to System Administrator to ensure bank control
has proper setup for fees, Note Type, Credit Bureau Reporting, etc.
for proper reporting and servicing of loans.
- Create Management reports as requested
- Review existing procedures and enhance/create as necessary to
ensure ongoing compliance
- Perform User Acceptance Testing on the loan System based on new
products and/or processes
- Work on special projects as assigned by the Manager related to
the Data Accuracy and accurate compliance requirements.
- Maintain knowledge for all regulatory requirements applicable
to the job, this may include and is not limited to; Bankruptcy,
SCRA, FCRA, BSA/BO, etc. and ensure compliance with all applicable
procedures, State and Federal laws.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting Degree preferred, or
equivalent work related experience
- 5+ years of experience in the Loan Servicing Industry
- 1+ years of Senior Loan Servicing experience
- Knowledge of BSA/AML/OFAC Laws/Regulations, understand how
these obligations relate to his/her role, and comply with these
laws and regulations
- Knowledge of Credit Bureau Reporting
- Loan system experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Good organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with excellent attention to
- Ability to organize and maintain a high volume work
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes and perform in a fast paced
- Ability to build effective relationships as needed to
effectively address issues and obstacles
Open to recent graduates with a degree in a related field
Keywords: Provision People, El Monte , Senior Loan Servicing Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , El Monte, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!