AVP/VP Portfolio Manager
Company: Columbia Association, Inc.
Location: El Monte
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work
ethic? If yes, come join our team! At Cathay Bank - we strive to
provide a caring culture that supports your aspirations and
success. We believe people are our most valuable asset and we
proudly foster growth and development empowering you to achieve
your professional goals. We have thrived for 60 years and
persevered through many economic cycles due to our team members'
drive and optimism. Together we can make a difference in the
financial future of our communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package and comprehensive training
programs so you can focus on your long-term professional career and
your next steps at Cathay Bank. Apply today! Portfolio Manager
("PM") is responsible for maintaining and monitoring existing
commercial loan portfolio and work closely with the SRM who owns
the relationship of these accounts. PM is expected to maintain
close contact with these clients and leverage the relationship to
identify and bring in additional new business opportunities, both
in loans and Bank's other products and services. PM is expected to
provide "best-in-class" service to these loan clients while
following established Bank's policies and procedures. DIRECT
REPORTS This incumbent has no direct reports. ESSENTIAL
- PM is to work closely with SRM(s) and Team Managers on the
assigned loan portfolio by monitoring and managing the credit
quality of such portfolio.
- Review to ensure each credit is properly risk rated based on
the Bank's risk rating system.
- Maintain and grow existing client relationships, cross-sell
Bank's other products and services.
- Specifically accountable for credit underwriting and
origination of new credits from the existing client base, portfolio
monitoring, renewals, amendments and annual reviews.
- Work with designated underwriter, loan assistants and other
loan support staff to prepare the Credit Commitment Report
- Reviews client's accounts and portfolios in order to identify,
evaluate and determine the appropriate course of action on
potential credit quality issues in order to maximize credit quality
and minimize risk and potential loss to the Bank.
- Ensure compliance with Bank, regulatory and credit requirements
with emphasis on best-in-class customer service while adhering to
required timeframes from the client. QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: U.S. College graduate with major in related
- 3-7 years of loan account relationship management experience,
credit underwriting experience or a combination of both.
- Thorough knowledge of lending regulations and
- Must have strong loan portfolio management experience.
- Must possess strong loan negotiation (rates, terms, collateral
- Must possess previous underwriting experience in the requisite
area of commercial lending.
- Must have extensive knowledge and understanding of Bank's
credit policy, risk management, underwriting requirements and loan
- Must have strong knowledge and understanding of commercial and
specialty group banking products and services and have demonstrated
ability to cross-sell such products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual (English/Mandarin or Cantonese) a plus but not
- Ability to work well independently to restructure loans and/or
lines of credits.
- Must be organized and detail oriented and able to
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high production
and team environment.
- Excellent time management skills and be accustomed to working
- Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of Bank
personnel. Cathay Bank may collect personal information from
potential job candidates and applicants. For more information on
how we handle personal information and your applicable rights,
opportunity employer.We believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion
in the workplace.We welcome applications for employment from all
qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, ethnicity,
ancestry, citizenship, gender, national origin, religion, age, sex
(including pregnancy and related medical conditions, childbirth and
breastfeeding), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression,
genetic information or characteristics, disability or medical
condition, military status or status as a protected veteran, or any
other status protected by applicable law. Cathay Bank endeavors to
make www.CathayBank.com accessible to any and all users. If you
would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website
or need assistance completing the application process, please
contact, Mickey Hsu, FVP, Employee Relations Manager, at (626)
582-7370 or email@example.com . This contact information is
for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about
the status of applications.
Keywords: Columbia Association, Inc., El Monte , AVP/VP Portfolio Manager, Executive , El Monte, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...