Manager Ambulatory Care RN, Urgent Care (Panorama City)
Location: El Monte
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Job Summary:--Manages a single department or multiple small
departments providing ambulatory patient care services. Ensures
staff provides high quality, accessible, cost effective care, and
patient focused services to members across the continuum which
comply with local, state, and federal requirements. Develops and
maintains clinical and nursing practice standards, budgets, and
staff development.--Manages the planning, development,
implementation, delivery and evaluation/improvement of quality
out-patient/nursing services that add value and are integrated with
nursing standards of practice, service priorities and performance/
outcome measures, as well as with strategic, business and
organizational goals/objectives.Essential Responsibilities:
- Manages the delivery of nursing services and out-patient care
which are integrated with business plans and meet or exceed cost,
quality, clinical and utilization standards and performance
- Ensures that services meet members physicians and internal
clients needs in a changing, competitive health care market.
- Manages, coordinates service delivery and/or programs assigned
to assistant manager(s).
- With SCPMG staff develops strategic/business plans to achieve
integrated services across the continuum of care.
- Manages and ensures continuous improvement of all clinical
practices, services and operations by designing and implementing
systems, processes and methods to evaluate and improve patient care
across the continuum of care.
- Ensures Assistants and staff provide the highest quality of
care and are in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, NCQA, TJC,
federal, state, and local requirements.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care providers in
establishing, implementing, maintaining and evaluating/improving
patient care and quality service standards to meet members and
internal clients expectations.
- Acts as a patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient
care results across the continuum of care.
- Develops and manages budgets and resource allocations.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements
strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and
develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain
the competency of all department staff.
- Provides on going staff development.
- Develops, implements and monitors departmental policies and
procedures which support the organizations goals/business
objectives and ensures they are met.
- Collaborates with Physician Team Leader and Department Chief in
developing the level of patient services and the day-to-day
operations of the department.
- Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee
and department safety, and risk management issues.
- #RNMGRBasic Qualifications:--Experience
- Minimum three (3) years of healthcare supervisory experience or
other related clinical area experience.
- Minimum one (1) year as an Assistant Manager of Ambulatory Care
(i.e. ADA RN, JC 06066 or Non RN, JC 06020)
- Completion of Kaiser Permanente Southern California
Postgraduate Fellowship in Health Care Administration and one (1)
year of supervisory experience.--Education
- Bachelors degree required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.ORA current
incumbent in job code 06060 (Manager Ambulatory Care Dept
RN).--License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire OR
Registered Nurse License (in the state where care is provided)
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association--Additional
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, TJC, and other local, state
and federal regulations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; knowledge of ambulatory care
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Masters degree preferred.
- Clinical specialization in area of practice preferred.Notes:
- Working days and hours may vary. --7 day a week operationJob
Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners, RN
Keywords: Kaiser, El Monte , Manager Ambulatory Care RN, Urgent Care (Panorama City), Executive , El Monte, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...