SVP, Director of Data Governance
Company: Cathay Bank
Location: El Monte
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work
ethic? If yes, come join our team! At Cathay Bank - we strive to
provide a caring culture that supports your aspirations and
success. We believe people are our most valuable asset and we
proudly foster growth and development empowering you to achieve
your professional goals. We have thrived for 60 years and
persevered through many economic cycles due to our team members'
drive and optimism. Together we can make a difference in the
financial future of our communities. The Director of Data
Governance ("DDG") leads the Bank's Data Governance function.
Accordingly, the DDG develops and implements policies, procedures
and other activities required to provide effective control of
critical Bank data. These activities include but are not limited to
building and managing the Enterprise Data Governance Office
("EDGO") and function; Data Governance roadmap implementation; and
functional monitoring and metrics reporting. Future
responsibilities will include growing the program to an enterprise
level and implementing a governance platform to automate and scale
Data Governance in all applicable areas of the Bank. DIRECT REPORTS
Incumbent will have direct reports.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS The DDG bears primary responsibility and
accountability for the performance of the EDGO, continued
implementation of the plan to enhance Data Governance maturity
(i.e., the Data Governance roadmap) and periodic reporting of Data
Governance performance at the departmental and enterprise
- Implements, refines, and maintains an enterprise Data
- Ensures that Data Governance goals support organizational
- Ensures that the Data Governance roadmap provides actionable
direction towards achieving key milestones, maturity levels, and
- Ensures the smooth setup, implementation, and operation of the
EDGO operating model including facilitation of and participation in
the required committees and working groups.
- Oversees EDGO training development and administration.
- Facilitates escalation of issues between Data Owner Committee
and Executive Data Governance Steering Committee, when
- Works with leadership from key stakeholder functions, including
IT, Legal, and Compliance to ensure Data Governance directives are
comprehensive and actionable against regulatory and business
- Owns EDGO policies and standards, ensuring adherence can be
measured, tracked, and reported on.
- Reports to the EDGO Steering Committee on Data Governance
maturity milestones, progress, and impact KPIs, general progress,
blockers, and remedies
- Conducts annual review of the EDGO.
- Conducts the annual Data Management Capability Assessment Model
- Hires EDGO staff to build the Data Governance function from a
current one FTE to an anticipated three 3 to ten in the coming
- Actively manages external Data Governance consultants that may
be retained to drive Data Governance, Data Quality, and other
- Stays involved and up to date with industry best practices in
the Data Governance and Data Management areas, and routinely
advises on and implements matters related to Data Governance
processes and methodological improvements. QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Computer Science,
Information Systems, or a related discipline preferred. Experience:
- Seven or more years of relevant data governance or data
management experience, preferably in a U.S. bank with $15 billion
or more in total assets.
- Seven of more years of demonstrable work experience and track
record of success delivering major risk and finance initiatives at
large and complex financial institutions; multi-location and
international experience desirable.
- Highly desirable experience: detailed understanding of
commercial banking regulatory environment and both internal audit
and external regulatory (FDIC) expectations, communications, and
- Highly desirable experience: Successful track record of
implementing an enterprise-wide data intelligence, data governance
and meta-data catalog platform (e.g., Collibra or equivalent).
- Deep understanding of risk management and finance processes and
technologies and data underlying these processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Data Governance, Data Management,
Metadata Management, Master Data Management, and Data Quality
- Demonstrated experience growing effective teams, from
recruitment through onboarding.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills, with
ability to drive consensus among multiple participants.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate efficiently with
Executives, Data Owners, and other key stakeholders on technical
and non-technical concepts.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills spanning multiple
functions, committees, and areas.
- Proficient in use of MS Office tools (Excel, MS Project, and
PowerPoint); additional analytical tool experience desirable.
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, written and oral
communication, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration, teamwork, and
problem-solving to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated skills in verbal communication and listening,
writing, and providing excellent service to customers.
- A high level of integrity and trust.
- Proven ability to initiate and manage projects that will affect
other departments and functions, as well as the corporate
environment. OTHER DETAILS Pay determined based on job-related
knowledge, skills, experience, and location. Cathay Bankoffers its
full-time employees a competitive benefits package which is
asignificant part of their total compensation. It is our goal to
provideemployees with a comprehensive benefits package to fit their
needs whichincludes, coverage for medical insurance, dental
insurance, vision insurance,life insurance, long-term disability
insurance, and flexible spending accounts(FSAs), health saving
account (HSA) with company contributions, voluntarycoverages, and
401(k). Cathay Bank may collect personal informationfrom potential
job candidates and applicants. For more information on how wehandle
personal information and your applicable rights, please review our
Affirmative ActionEmployer. We believe in diversity, equity, and
inclusion in the workplace. Wewelcome applications for employment
from all qualified candidates, regardlessof race, color, ethnicity,
ancestry, citizenship, gender, national origin,religion, age, sex
(including pregnancy and related medical conditions,childbirth and
breastfeeding), reproductive health decision-making,
sexualorientation, gender identity and expression, genetic
information orcharacteristics, disability or medical condition,
military status or status asa protected veteran, or any other
status protected by applicable law. Cathay Bank endeavors to make
www.CathayBank.com accessibleto any and all users. If you would
like to contact us regarding theaccessibility of our website or
need assistance completing the applicationprocess, please contact,
Mickey Hsu, FVP, Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 582-7370 or
email@example.com . This contact information is for
accommodation requests only andcannot be used to inquire about the
status of applications.
Keywords: Cathay Bank, El Monte , SVP, Director of Data Governance, Executive , El Monte, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...