Veterans Preferred - Account Manager
Company: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC
Location: El Monte
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -R10029842 Account
El Monte, CA - Garvey - Retail shop
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
Position Title: Account Manager
Location: El Monte and surrounding cities
Target Base Salary Range: $50k - $75k (Plus commission, monthly
auto allowance and mileage reimbursement)
The Account Manager is responsible for the management and
profitable growth of Airgas business within an assigned sales
territory. The candidate will be required to meet and exceed both
corporate and regional objectives for sales growth, profitability
growth, and A/R management within the assigned territory. The
candidate will need to have the ability to sell all Airgas products
to his/her customer base.
- All duties and responsibilities shall be performed as set forth
in established policies and procedures.
- Adhere to and assure compliance with the Code of
Conduct/Handbook, policies and procedures and all applicable rules,
regulations and standards promulgated by Federal, State and other
applicable agencies or regulating bodies.
- Develop and execute regional company specific sales and
- Actively pursue and acquire new and competitive accounts with
emphasis on obtaining product supply agreements.
- Review regional sales goals and gross profit margins within the
assigned territory and monitors effectiveness of sales and
- Act as a technical resource for customer(s) and regional retail
sales associates in the area of bulk and specialty gases.
- Establish and maintain clear and consistent lines of
communication with internal departments relative to customer
successes, customer failures, new customer developments and other
customer specific information
- Work closely with local Branch managers to assist in promoting
sales and customer management through retail store locations within
assigned geographical area
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and
- Identifies and qualifies prospective customers within assigned
area or territory and keeps direct manager informed of such
- Interprets customer needs and makes appropriate recommendations
to increase sales opportunities.
- Researches and analyses market data in assigned area or
territory to determine new customers, sales volume potential and
pricing, and develop a strategy to meet sales targets
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Are you a MATCH?
- High School Diploma; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of related outside sales
- Knowledge of industrial gases, welding supply and hardware
- Proven change management skills, including building
sponsorship, communications, and stakeholder management
- Requires a valid driver's license and personal vehicle with
insurance coverage as required by the company
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume setting.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both verbal and
- Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple, divide etc. and to perform
fraction to decimal and decimal to fraction conversions.
- Must be able to use a computer and have a working understanding
of Word, Excel, SAP, etc.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Must present a professional presence and demeanor that is
reflective of a corporate office environment.
- Must have a high level of energy, be as self-starter, and have
a strong customer service and relationship orientation.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and
excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write routine business reports and business
correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and
respond to questions from associates and management.
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading U.S. supplier of
industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and
related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety
Through the passion and diversity of its 18,000 associates, Airgas
fosters a culture of safety, customer success, sustainability and
innovation. Airgas associates are empowered to share ideas, take
initiative and make decisions.
Airgas is a subsidiary of Air Liquide, a world leader in gases,
technologies and services for Industry and Health. Air Liquide is
present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 associates
Join us for a stimulating experience: you'll find a world of
learning and development opportunities where inventiveness is at
the heart of what we do, in an open, collaborative and respectful
Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
Airgas will consider for employment qualified Applicants with
Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants,
regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly
believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to
express their talent, both individually and collectively and it
helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals,
acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other protected characteristic.
Please click here to view the EEO Know Your Rights poster and here
to view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination poster. Airgas, an
Air Liquide Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review
the Company's written Affirmative Action Plan or Policy Statement.
This plan or policy statement is available for inspection upon
request by contacting Human Resources at 844-myHR4AG
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company and its group of companies does not
discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the known
disabilities of such individuals so as to ensure equal access to
benefits and privileges of employment. If you are an individual
with a disability and would like to request a reasonable
accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please
contact us by phone at 844-myHR4AG (844-694-7424) or by email to
Keywords: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC, El Monte , Veterans Preferred - Account Manager, Executive , El Monte, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!