CDL B Delivery Truck Driver - Now Hiring
Location: El Monte
Posted on: January 16, 2023
US1113 FreshPoint Southern California, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
All drivers run daily routes with frequent stops and are required
to load packages onto hand trucks and unload product at each stop
on the assigned route in the order they are designated by the
Transportation Department Manager. The candidate will operate
successfully in a cross-dock model picking up a loaded truck from a
nightly delivery at the assigned loading dock and returning the
empty truck back to the assigned lot at the end of the route. May
be required to assist occasionally with loading-trucks, palletizing
product, and performing other duties as assigned by Supervisor or
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management
for major programs and projects.
- Run routes efficiently, meeting or exceeding designated route
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using a hand cart, and
place in designated customer storage areas. May include
transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds,
up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72" to stack and unstack
pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and
unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper
signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies
are on invoices.
- Communicate all errors/returns. Calls in when a customer does
not receive their entire order (shorts)
- Handles any customer complaints professionally
- Handles company equipment properly, follow written driver
safety rules, and performs a pre-trip inspection. Perform pre-trip
and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of
Transportation (DOT) regulations and Sysco policies and
- Degrees/Certificates Minimum Required:
- High School or GED or equivalent
Years and type of experience Minimum Required:
- One year route delivery experience or applicable background
driving a straight truck
Type and proficiency Minimum Required:
- Valid Commercial Driver's License - Class B (Class A
- Must be able to read and understand English.
Type and proficiency Minimum Required:
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory
control techniques and procedures.
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to
routing, safety, and customer relations.
- Proven ability to communicate articulately and perform simple
arithmetic (Experience in handling money preferred)
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Managing Work
- Building Trust
Most important decisions made fully independently:
- How to organize a truck and make the deliveries
- Most important decisions made with review and approval of other
individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals
- Whether a truck is operating well enough to perform the
- Frequent lifting of product up to 50 lbs. during the shift,
infrequent lifting to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck
- Frequent bending, squatting, pushing, and pulling
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, El Monte , CDL B Delivery Truck Driver - Now Hiring, Hospitality & Tourism , El Monte, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!