Supporting the Most Exciting
and Meaningful Missions in the World
PART TIME Biometrics Technician
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in
Part Time Biometrics Technician
As a Biometrics Technician (BT), you will be responsible for
supporting the mission of a government program located in EL
MONTE,CA This position works as a part of a dynamic team of
professionals assisting the United States Citizenship and
Immigration (USCIS) Application Support Center (ASC) operations.
This position is a/an insert *PARTTIME* team
This position will require the ability to obtain and
maintain a government issued security clearance
PAE provides all required job training for qualified
Primary Responsibilities are:
1. Complete biometrics registration for applicants seeking
legal immigration to the United States.
2. Ensure all who enter the ASC are approved applicants
and visitors while providing both interior and exterior crowd
control and assisting the staff in enforcing the rules and policies
of the ASCs.
3. Provide front-line customer service as representatives
of PAE and on behalf of the United States Government.
*PART-TIME* employees are expected to be
available all five days, Monday through Friday between the hours of
7:45am to 4:15pm or for certain coverage times as needed at the
site. This is not a regular Full -Time. Part-Time employees
have a set schedule of hours; however, occasionally employees are
notified the night before or day of if changes need to be made to
the existing schedule. Employees are regularly scheduled for 20
hours a week but can be altered depending on applicant volume and
Highlights of Responsibilities:
It is expected that providing applicants with the highest level
of customer service is primary in all
responsibilities. This position must be able to
work with the public, display a cheerful and inviting demeanor,
smile, manage the applicants with sensitivity, courtesy and
ensuring the applicant is treated with respect as a customer of the
Further, personnel must safeguard all areas where Personal
Identifiable Information (PII) is vulnerable such as applicant’s
paperwork and identifications, electronic biometric data and
- Perform quality biometrics processing to include capturing
electronic fingerprints, photographs, and signatures within
established program-wide processing times.
- Screen applicants entering the facility to ensure they have a
valid appointment notice and identification allowing their entry
into the ASC.
- Utilize crowd control barriers (stanchions or rails) to ensure
a safe and organized entry into the facility.
- Visually inspect applicants and their belongings prior to
allowing entry into the facility. During national pandemics or
other health crisis, applicants may be asked questions about their
status of illness and may be declined entry to the ASC per customer
- Conducting periodic facility checks (both interior and
exterior) reporting any concerns to the Site Supervisor to
- Assist the Site Supervisor and/or government Immigration
Service Officer in calling local law enforcement or first
responders when necessary.
- Manage and complete with accuracy administrative paperwork such
as tracking processing time for applicants, reconciliation
paperwork of biometrics captured, assisting in maintaining a
visitor control log for non-applicants entering the facility,
signing off on facility checks and other administrative duties as
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government issued
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to speak and write in English.
- Ability to stand upright on one’s feet for scheduled shift
duration, excluding meals and breaks.
- Ability to hold and grasp applicant’s hands to obtain quality
- Ability to work in a high paced environment with the
- Ability to type and use basic computer skills.
- Successful completion of the biometrics training and become
certified within sixty days.
- Ability to speak a foreign language.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender,
national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status,
ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure,
medical condition including genetic characteristics or information,
veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the
essential functions of the job can be performed with or without
reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under
federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement