Patient Service Advocate II
Location: El Monte
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Functions as an AltaMed ambassador, is welcoming and attentive
to the needs of all patients and creates a positive front office
patient experience by managing expectations while demonstrating
compassion and respect. Also functions as a member of the health
care team by assisting in the delivery of patient-focused care by
demonstrating excellent communication and problem solving
- Responsible for greeting and verifying the purpose for the
patients visit in order to determine patient priority.
- Responsible for inputting all information into AltaMeds
practice management system.
- Responsible for verifying eligibility as well as performing
- Responsible for monitoring patient wait times and proactively
communicating with patients regarding their status during the
- Responsible for scheduling appointments.
- Responsible for reviewing and preparing charts in advance of
- Responsible for telephone management and ensuring that all
calls are answered and resolved as expected.
- Responsible for communicating with the patient care team, which
can include but is not limited to the medical assistants, providers
and other team members to ensure that the patient experiences a
seamless transition between hand-offs and to ensure all patient
needs are met.
- Responsible for the collection of patient co-pays and payments,
as well as the daily reconciliation of their collections.
- Responsible for monitoring waiting rooms and ensures that
waiting areas are kept clean.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience required as a customer service
agent, greeter, or receptionist-type role; 1 - 2 years
- CPR/First Aid certificate required.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish/Mandarin/Cantonese strongly
Keywords: AltaMed, El Monte , Patient Service Advocate II, Other , El Monte, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!