Registered Dental Assistant
Company: AltaMed Health Services
Location: El Monte
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This position is responsible for assisting the dentist(s) and
the dental hygienist(s) in the direct provision of primary care
dental services to patients at the clinic. The Registered Dental
Assistant is also responsible for sterilization, preparation and
inventory control of dental instruments, supplies, and for proper
infection control of all areas involving patient care.
- Serves as dentists or dental hygienists chair-side
- Assists patients in resolving minor difficulties, answering
their questions and giving directions to patients as authorized by
the dentist or dental hygienist.
- Prepares operation procedures for patient treatment as per
Dental Department protocols and the dentists or dental hygienists
- Completion of dental radiographs in accordance with state
regulations and law, as well as Dental Department directives and
- Performs independent procedures as delegated by the dentist in
accordance with state regulation, law, and Department directives
- Maintains all Dental Department equipment in accordance with
manufacturers directions and Dental Department policy and
- Maintains adequate operation supplies and compiles a list of
individual item shortages for inventory control and ordering
- Maintains a list of all Dental Department patients, monitors
patient flow, and assists the Dental Director, dentist(s), and
dental hygienist(s), in assuring that all patient records and
documents are properly and accurately completed and filed.
- Receives and places necessary telephone calls consistent with
professional matters, clinic business and patient care of the
- Insures the sterility of all reusable dental instruments and
equipment in accordance with Dental Department directives and
- Insures the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially
contaminated materials in accordance with Dental Department
directives, clinic policy, as well as state and federal
- Participates in appropriate health promotion / disease
prevention activities, both on-site and off-site as required.
- Maintains Dental Department compliance, relative to Infection
Exposure Control, safety, and HIPPA as required by local, State,
and Federal guidelines, Dental Department directives and protocols,
and clinic policies and procedures.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED certificate required.
Credentialed as a valid licensed Registered Dental Assistant
with the following certifications: Coronal polishing/X-Rays
Pit And Fissure Sealants certification will be required upon 60
days after date of hire.
Current CPR and First Aid certificate required.
Bilingual: English/Spanish also required.
Keywords: AltaMed Health Services, El Monte , Registered Dental Assistant, Other , El Monte, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!