Company: East West Bancorp, Inc.
Location: El Monte
Posted on: May 3, 2021
For more than 45 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway
to success. With over 120 locations across the U.S. and Greater
China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and
West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help
guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific
looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and
our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate,
entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and
high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our
associates' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a
top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S.
and Greater China markets. With total assets over $52.2 billion,
we're ranked among the top 25 largest banks by asset size in the
United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes
magazine as one of "America's Best Banks." With a strong
foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute
integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach
East West Bank is seeking a Sr Mortgage Underwriter. The
Mortgage Underwriter will be responsible for underwriting FHA and
Conventional loans. The position requires that the candidate have
the ability to clearly communicate underwriting decisions and
stipulations to sales, processing staff and borrowers.
- Review and evaluate loan documents to ensure accuracy,
completeness, and compliance with company standards, federal and
agency standards and guidelines, as well as any applicable
state-specific and or local regulations, ordinances, etc.
- Analyze customer's loan-to-value ratio, debt-to-income ratio,
credit report, application, income and assets, source(s) of down
payment funds, and supporting documentation to identify potential
fraud or misrepresentation.
- Review appraisals to ensure that loans meet secondary market,
investor, and company standards.
- Work with Loan Processors and Loan Officers on collecting
information and documentation necessary to finalize incomplete loan
- Determine if additional documentation or information would aid
loan decision; request additional documentation or information
- Provide options and recommendations to borrowers regarding
suitable loan programs.
- Stay abreast of current regulations and industry trends that
affect compliance and decision-making.
- Verify that system input is accurate and that company systems
match Automated Underwriting System (AUS).
- Use expertise to answer questions and resolve escalated issues
from junior-level teammates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college
courses/technical training related to Business, Finance/Accounting,
Legal, or related field is preferred, along with total recent work
experience that includes five or more years underwriting
- Expert-level knowledge of overall mortgage lending processes,
including underwriting, funding, and loan processing.
- Expert-level knowledge of valid documentation related to the
processing consumer mortgage applications (e.g., tax returns,
financial statements and records, verification of income and
- Expert-level knowledge of underwriting and regulatory
requirements; detailed knowledge of federal, state, and regulatory
requirements/guidelines related to consumer mortgage lending and
internal processes and controls.
- Ability to think critically, including the ability to evaluate
facts and data to draw conclusions, and determine the downstream
impact of decisions and associated risks.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven
environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Intermediate math skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong detail orientation and highly organized.
- Prior experience using internal data entry systems, Microsoft
Word, Excel and PDF/Document Retention programs.
- Experience working within Encompass preferred.
Keywords: East West Bancorp, Inc., El Monte , Sr Underwriter, Other , El Monte, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!