Substance Abuse Navigator - CENS
Company: HEALTHRIGHT 360
Location: El Monte
Posted on: January 12, 2022
We are temporarily offering a signing bonus for this position of
$1,000.Client Engagement and Navigation Services (CENS) will focus
on increasing show rates for clients shared with state and County
entities with whom they will be working. The CENS will achieve this
aim by meaningfully engaging these clients, determining which SUD
services are most appropriate for individuals based on an ASAM
brief triage assessment for adults and an evidence-based screening
tool for youth, motivating the individual to connect with the
selected treatment provider, and ensuring that these individuals
have the necessary support (e.g., transportation) and health
coverage (e.g., Medi-Cal or My Health LA) to successfully connect
with these treatment services.
The CENS will provide a critical liaison role in assisting
vulnerable individuals involved in multiple systems to access
necessary services to address their SUD treatment needs.The CENS
will provide high-touch (e.g., face-to-face) interaction to
facilitate access to SUD treatment necessary for improving health
outcomes, reducing frequent use of hospitals and emergency
departments, obtaining employment, maintaining income benefits and
housing, reuniting with children, and satisfying probation
requirements or pre- or post-plea diversion from the Los Angeles
Superior Courts. Additionally, the CENS will establish and maintain
linkages to additional services to appropriately refer clients to
service providers that address unmet needs that create barriers to
successfully engaging in SUD treatment, such as poor health,
domestic violence, and homelessness.
Traveling to co- locations at various homeless shelters and
permanent supportive housing programs in the San Gabriel Valley
- Assist clients in entering data in the Department of Public
Social Services YourBenefitsNow! - website for Medi-Cal enrollment
or contacting a My Health LA provider to schedule an enrollment
- Provide clients with a basic overview of SUD in order to
increase the likelihood of a client's understanding and
follow-through with treatment.
- Discuss the steps to take in case of relapse, including
overdose prevention; provide HIV/AIDS education and referrals for
HIV testing and treatment services; and discuss the availability of
medication-assisted treatment for alcohol and opioid use
- Conduct an ASAM triage assessment to determine if the adult
client is in need of SUD treatment and the provisional level of
care to which the client will be referred.
- May also conduct additional assessments for ancillary service
referrals if they have not already been conducted by the referring
case worker, including, but not be limited to, vocational
rehabilitation, education, transportation, housing, physical
health, and other public social services.
- Use the Youth and Parent screening tool to determine SUD risks
for youth clients and refer them to the nearest appropriate youth
outpatient SUD providers, based on client preference and need, for
further assessment as appropriate.
- Scheduling clients for a full ASAM assessment with a SUD
treatment provider that matches the client's needs and preferences
using SAPC's electronic Service and Bed Availability Tool
- Responsible for entering data into SAPC's electronic health
record system so that client information is provided to the
treatment provider before the client appears for the appointment,
- Responsible for contacting clients to remind them of their
upcoming provider appointments and will coordinate transportation
to the SUD treatment provider, if needed.
- Responsible for providing substance use disorder trainings to
various community partners.
- Responsible for conducting community outreach, and
participation in job and health fairs to promote public awareness
about substance use disorders and to inform consumers about SUD
treatment options available through DMC-ODS.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
High School Diploma or GED.
- Registration or Certification from a recognized certifying
organization, agency, or Board evidencing training and expertise in
areas appropriate to SUD services (CAADAC, CCAPP, CADTP, CADDE,
- Minimum of 2 years experience providing SUD services. Desired:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- Background Clearance. Required:
- Must not be on active parole or probation. Knowledge Required:
- Culturally competent and able to work with a diverse
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications,
specifically Word Outlook and internet applications.
- Experience working successfully with issues of substance abuse,
mental health, criminal background, and other potential barriers to
economic self sufficiency.Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while
maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data.
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility and reliability are
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential
- Action oriented.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask and
juggle multiple priorities.
- Outstanding ability to follow-through with tasks.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of
interdisciplinary team and independently assume
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in
- Able to communicate well at all levels of the organization
including working with organization leadership and high-level
representatives of partner organizations.
- Able to work within a frequently changing project scope while
maintaining overall direction and structured priorities.Desired:
- Knowledge of co-occurring disorders and trauma informed
- Knowledge of Clinical documentation (treatment plans, progress
- Experience working with criminal justice population.
- Bilingual Spanish Speaking.In compliance with the California
Department of Public Health's mandate, all employees must be able
to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Medical and religious
exemptions are available.Tag: IND100.
Keywords: HEALTHRIGHT 360, El Monte , Substance Abuse Navigator - CENS, Other , El Monte, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!