Operations Supervisor (Night)
Location: El Monte
Posted on: August 5, 2022
US1113 FreshPoint Southern California, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
The supervisor, night warehouse is responsible for the efficient
operation of the shift, including proper manpower utilization,
effective use of standard operating procedures, training and
motivating members of the crew and for operating in a safe,
productive manner. Supervisory responsibility for material handles,
selectors, and partial-order pullers.
- Supervise daily processes on the dock and in coolers.
- Review, coach, and develop the outbound associates.
- Monitoring work, adherence to policy and safety
- Issuing discipline when necessary.
- Interprets company policies for employees, enforce safety and
security regulations, and holds daily pre-shift meetings.
- Manages labor hours and consumable supplies within budget.
- Prepares work schedules
- Performing substitution of items that are not available for
- Communicating to sales, purchasing, and inventory control
- Spot check orders for accuracy and quality.
- Pulling critical care orders or double-checking them for
quality and accuracy
- Inspects material handling equipment daily for safe operations
and coordinates required repairs with the maintenance
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-year operations/warehouse experience in shipping and
receiving perishable products, and/or a combination of education,
and industry experience.
- Ability to supervise, motivate and train hourly employees.
- Able to solve problems independently and effectively articulate
and communicate information.
Most important decisions made fully independently:
- Corrective actions.
- Assigning work duties.
- Item substitutions.
- Reassigning equipment (transportation).
- Most important decisions made with review and approval of other
individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals
- Staffing increase.
- Manager outbound
Position Reporting to this Role
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, El Monte , Operations Supervisor (Night), Other , El Monte, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!