Research Associate II - Cancer Institute
Location: El Monte
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Working under direct supervision of Cedars-Sinai Cancer (CSC)
Shared Resources Research Program Administrator and the directors
of the Investigator-Initiated Trial Incubator (IITi), the Research
Associate II performs routine and increasingly complex laboratory
tasks and procedures. The Research Associate II will develop
technical expertise in one or more areas relevant to the II
Ti-sponsored trials. The Research Associate II will participate in
research activities involving all aspects of the research process,
to include, but not limited to; investigation, technical,
testing/validation of results, and report findings.The Research
Associate II will perform a variety of routine experimental
protocols and procedures to support the objectives of IITi trials
including acquisition, processing and analysis of patient-donated
biospecimens. The Research Associate II will observe and comply
with all safety standards and procedures, assist with preparation
of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings,
and assist in general laboratory maintenance.Grow your career at
Cedars-Sinai!Cedars-Sinai is a nonprofit academic healthcare
organization serving the diverse Los Angeles community and beyond.
We are one of the leading institutes for competitive research
funding from the National Institutes of Health. As an international
leader in biomedical research, we translate discoveries into
successful treatments with global impact. Cedars-Sinai is a hub for
biomedical research with discoveries occurring in 26 departments
and institutes that encompass the full spectrum of medicine.Primary
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of increasingly complex experimental
protocols and procedures and assist in the design of new complex or
unusual protocols and techniques.
- Works closely with the Investigator-Initiated Trial Incubator
to implement and maintain biospecimen procurement, processing and
storage efforts for Investigator-Initiated Trial Incubator
- Work to develop new protocols for collections and processing
and implement new quality control protocols.
- Will become an integral member of the IITi team responsible for
collecting, processing, annotating and storing biospecimens for
- Responsible for working with the IITi and trial teams to
develop the schedule for collections, processing and deaccessioning
- Verifies samples received, logs samples into laboratory
information management system (LIMS), and transports to appropriate
environment within the facility for storage following SOPs.
- Performs a variety of process development duties for the IITi
using standard operating procedures that will be different for each
patient based on the type of biological specimen required by the
- Works with the IITi team and trial investigators to develop and
implement best practices for processing, storage and analysis of
- Assists with proper storage of biospecimens, and with storage
unit maintenance and monitoring, both physical and electronic.
- Orders laboratory supplies and supports laboratory
- Maintains lab equipment and related records and may coordinate
use of lab equipment.
- Assists with research pathology and image analysis/microscopy
and other laboratory tasks as and when needed.
- Assists with preparation of data for publication and/or
presentation at scholarly meetings.
- Observes and complies with safety standards and
- Assists with administrative tasks when assigned under direction
of IITi leadership.
- Assists with collection, storage, and shipping of biological
specimens for the Investigator-Initiated Trial Incubator
- Works closely with collaborators and investigators to
coordinate sample preparation, storage and shipping for
Why work here?Beyond an outstanding benefit package and competitive
salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed
employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse
community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a
multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the
gold standard of care we strive for.Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science required
- 1-2+ years of Research Laboratory experience. 1-2+ years of
human specimen procurement preferred#Jobs
Working Title:Research Associate II - Cancer Institute
Business Entity:Academic / Research
Job Specialty:Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, El Monte , Research Associate II - Cancer Institute, Other , El Monte, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!