Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant - Urgent Care, Per Diem- Bilingual Spanish
Location: El Monte
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Nurse practitioners (NP) provide health care services to
patients who may have acute episodic conditions or chronic
problems, as well as those seeking health evaluation, preventive
care and/or education and counseling. NPs provide care in areas
within KP in primary care or specialty departments consistent with
their educational preparation following the Regional Standardized
Procedures and Process Protocols for Ambulatory and Hospital-Based
Practice. -They perform complete physical examinations, including
ordering, interpreting and evaluating diagnostic tests and
examinations. -Assume on-going responsibility for each patient from
discovery of the disorder to recovery. -Diagnose and treat both
chronic and episodic disorders including complications of otherwise
normal processes. -Establish and document the health care plan and
diagnosis, maintain records of each case that are sufficiently
complete for any physician reviewing them to evaluate the
effectiveness of the plan. Consistently demonstrates the knowledge,
skills, abilities and behaviors necessary to provide superior and
culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members and to
customers, contracted providers and vendors.Essential
- Collect subjective data (obtain history).
- Collect objective data (perform a physical exam).
- Develop an assessment (diagnosis).
- Develop and implement a management plan.
- Facilitate the referral of patients to the appropriate health
facilities, agencies and resources within the community.
- Order pharmacologic interventions.
- Develop and implement an educational plan.
- Plan for appropriate follow-up care.
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of
Responsibility (Kaiser Permanentes Code of Conduct) by maintaining
the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the
assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity,
reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state
and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser
requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanentes policies and
procedures.Basic Qualifications: -Experience
- Minimum one (1) year experience unless specified by department
as an NP or PA. -Education
- Graduate of an accredited RN and NP Program OR graduate of an
accredited PA program.
- Masters Degree in Nursing (effective 1/1/03 for those not
previously grandfathered in by CMS-(NP only)). -License,
- Nurse Practitioner Furnishing Number (California) AND Nurse
Practitioner National Certificate AND Nurse Practitioner
Certificate (California) AND Registered Nurse License (California)
- - - - - OR
- Physician Assistant License (California) AND Physician
Assistant National Certificate
- National Provider Identifier
- Basic Life Support -Additional Requirements:
- Willing to consider Physician Assistant job code 30008.
- Current DEA Registration Number
- ACLS, PALS -
- If department elects to hire a new grad NP or PA, the
California Furnishing Number and if applicable, the DEA
Registration Number, must be obtained within twelve (12) months of
hire. The probationary period would also be extended from six (6)
to twelve (12) months.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Level II required.Notes:
- Must provide 12(twelve) shifts per quarter. - Holidays
- -Must be proficient -in laceration repair, I &D's and toe
- Must successfully pass or have passed the bilingual test
(within the last 12 months), or be active in the QBS program.Job
Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, El Monte , Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant - Urgent Care, Per Diem- Bilingual Spanish, Other , El Monte, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!