Company: Auto Plus Pep Boys
Location: El Monte
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Pep Boys is driven by its customer promise, "We go further to help
you go farther." Founded 100 years ago by military veterans,
generations of drivers have counted on Pep Boys ASE-certified Pros
to service their vehicles. With a national network of nearly 1,000
locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico, and 27distribution centers,
Pep Boys employs more than 8,000 people. Over 7 million vehicles
pass through Pep Boys bays each year, and our commitment to being
the ONE our communities count on is demonstrated through our
exceptional customer experience and support of the critical
technical training initiatives needed to close America's skills
gap. For more information, visit www.pepboys.com.
A Technician must professionally inspect, diagnose and repair tire
and automotive services, while delivering an excellent customer
experience. They must explain technical diagnoses and needed
repairs to co-workers and customers. A Technician is expected to
continuously learn new technical information and techniques in
order to stay updated with rapidly changing automotive technology
and perform work in accordance with specifications. A successful
Technician will also train and mentor co-workers as well as
maintain clean and safe work areas.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Diagnose and repair to specifications -- brake and hydraulic,
exhaust, basic electrical, cooling system, suspension and
alignment, perform all maintenance services.
- Perform job duties of all lower job descriptions (Mechanic and
General Service Technician).
- Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to
non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and
customers on an as-required basis.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in
formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly
changing automotive technology.
- Assist fellow technicians/mechanics in performing technical
- Keep store management aware of mechanical repair problems as
- Maintain an organized and neat shop.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety and
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We expect you to help set the pace and tone while helping to
develop the team around you. Collaboration and a team first
mentality are a must if you are looking for success in this role.
In addition, we require review the following to measure your fit
for this role:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of strong automotive mechanical diagnosis,
problem-solving and repair experience.
- 2 or more ASE certifications are PREFERRED for this position
(A4 Steering and Suspension & A5 Brakes)
- Section 609 certification PREFERRED
- State Inspection license if applicable
- High level of motivation, energy and a customer-focused
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen
- Availability to work days, nights, holidays, and weekends as
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies
up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including
squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small and large groups.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
- Talk and hear.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Auto Plus Pep Boys, El Monte , Technician B, Professions , El Monte, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!