Lactation Consultant OC RN
Location: El Monte
Posted on: March 18, 2023
--Collaborates with Education Consultants and managers to
develop, design, deliver and evaluate/improve education strategies
and special projects/programs based on clients departmental goals
and needs, as well as organizational goals/objectives. Implements
education programs and strategies and coordinates to meet
regulatory program requirements and organizational needs.Essential
- Develops, coordinates and evaluates programs to meet regulatory
requirements and organizational, departmental and discipline
- Designs, develops, and coordinates activities for continuing
professional education for staff.
- Collaborates with consultants to develop special projects in
professional education, development and learning.
- Communicates and markets education programs to a broad target
audience using appropriate methods, and based on
- Participates in classroom instruction on developed
- Makes recommendations for cost/quality strategies, works within
budget; serves as expert resource to staff and departments in
defining and meeting educational, clinical, quality and cost
outcomes and performance measures.
- Develops, implements, monitors and evaluates/improves the
orientation, cross training and education/competency
processes/systems for clinical staff.
- Responds to corporate and industry changes in clinical practice
and professional education and provides necessary training,
education and development which improves organizational
- Ensures compliance and documentation of organizational records
based on regulatory agency standards.Basic
- Minimum two (2) years of previous teaching experience required
or previous recent experience in in-service education in clinical
service area (usually two (2) to five (5) years.).--Education
- Bachelors degree or four (4) years of experience in a directly
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.--License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- International Board Lactation Consultant Examiners Certificate
within 12 months of hire--Additional Requirements:
- Experience in breast-feeding education and postpartum and/or
- Knowledge of Standards of Care pertinent to breast-feeding
- Adult learning knowledge required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize interpersonal, written and
verbal communication skills and group facilitator/process
- Computer literacy required.--Preferred Qualifications:
- Masters Degree preferred.
- BSN preferred.
- CPR instructor preferred.
- Certified Lactation Educator (CLE).
- Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong customer service skills.Job Schedule: Job Category:
Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, El Monte , Lactation Consultant OC RN, Professions , El Monte, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...